HAPPENING NOW: Rep. Adam Schiff speaks following closed-door meeting with intelligence community inspector general. https://t.co/3PHvRUuISp
— ABC News (@ABC) September 19, 2019
(Header image credit: Brian Klaas on Twitter)
National-security crises only matter when Democrats are in charge. Remember Benghazi?
In the past few days Adam Schiff, chairman of House Intelligence Committee, has received notice from an Inspector General that an IC (Intelligence Community) whistleblower has witnessed wrongdoing.
They are all following proper protocol while someone—AG* William Barr, another person at DOJ, or others—is refusing to allow that report to reach Schiff as required by law.
We’re currently living through another constitutional crisis piled atop many, many others. But this isn’t the first time Donald has been caught committing illegal/unconstitutional/thoughtless deeds.
- Remember translator notes?
- Remember Helsinki?
- Remember Donald pushing for Russia to get back in G7?
- Remember Donald harassing our allies for the same reason?
- Remember Oval Office-Russia confab?
- Remember security clearances?
- Remember Golan Heights?
- Remember Khashoggi?
- Remember Saudi nukes?
- Remember INF treaty?
- Remember rejecting U.S. Intel findings? (examples too numerous)
- Remember the Chinese agent who sneaked in to MarALago?
- Remember Cindy Yang?
- Remember that open-air cartoonishly insecure Situation Room?
- Remember Donald wanting to turn over a U.S. citizen to the Saudis?
- Remember Erik Prince running Afghanistan?
- Remember the “incredible offer”?
- Remember Paris Accord?
- Remember Iran Deal?
- Remember how they used Iran Deal as excuse for incompetence?
- Remember Jared Kushner being in “Saudi’s pocket”?
- Remember disbanding FEC?
- Remember saying “meh” to election security?
- Remember slow-walking Russian sanctions?
- Remember Ukraine aid for defense against Russia?
- Remember destroying our State Department?
- Remember when 8 members of National Infrastructure Council resigned and called Donald a “threat to homeland security?
Next week I’ll be extrapolating out how Donald’s clear emoluments-clause violations also pose clear-and-present national-security risks. While you wait this Indivisible primer on #TrumpThreatLevel is excellent related reading.
As news breaks of this latest security debacle just remember we’ve had MANY prequels to this dystopian slasher movie. 🇨
Will Pollock is a perpetually crabby New York City escapee based in Midtown Atlanta. He’s a freelance multimedia journalist, media analyst and author of two books (award-wining Pizza for Good & Leaving Triscuit), with more on the way.
In 2001, Will earned his Masters from The Medill School of Journalism, graduating with highest honors from the magazine sequence. As permanent member of Journalism’s National Honors Society, he’s been active in monitoring, writing and blogging about media and journalism ever since he graduated.
Obsessed with good storytelling and journalistic excellence, Will uses snark, humor and reason to distill dumb shit and make it fun. He’s a seeker/maker of non-consensus news, and helps you cure crankies by finding the nut in every story.
As for-profit media continues to fail us, it’s more important than ever to find reliable sources. Authentic storytelling exists—you just have to look for it. On this blog you’ll get ideas, not ideology. Sass with class. Reporting with rapport. Evidence with a touch of evil. You get the idea.
Support independent authors, writers, artists, journalists and professionals. Buy a book, leave a review, start a discussion. Show solidarity so that we can achieve greater balance and, in the end, learn more.
Did you like this post? Please share it!